Thursday, June 5, 2008

Golfing In The Rain

So yesterday June 4, 2008 my Grandma Lavoyle and I played in a golf tournament out at Davis Golf Course. It was a state two man best ball. When we got out there it started raining so we ended up buying a cover that covered our golf cart so that kept the rain off our seats and kept us a little warmer. We started at 8:00 am sharp. It was a shot gun start and we started on #13 which is actually one of the hardest holes. I did horrible on that hole but my grandma saved us with a Bogey so we were off to a good start. We get to the next hole and when I tee'd off the rain picks up and I'm completely drenched and then it starts hailing. When we were putting a sheet of lightning flashed right above us. So they called all of us in until the lightning stopped. They sent us out about 15 minutes later still pouring rain. I was having the hardest time holding onto my club, and trying to keep my hands warm. My grandma and I were playing pretty good Bogey golf so not bad considering the conditions. We finished 7 holes and they called us in again because the rain got so bad you couldn't hardly see your ball and the greens had puddles all over them. So they had us come in and eat lunch. I wanted to stay playing because I knew they would send us back out and I was having a hard time finding a rhythm because we kept coming in and going out. A lot of the ladies wanted to go home and thought that it wasn't playable out there. I agreed with the pro Brad Stone who came in to talk to all of us and said if it were the men playing in a tournament they would not be coming in right now. So he told all the ladies to suck it up and after lunch we went back out. So after being freezing cold and then warming up both my grandma and I got really stiff and couldn't play very well and it was all down hill from there, we had no chance of winning after going back out for the second time. So the weather kind of made everything a bummer but it sure was a fun experience. And I just love playing golf with my grandma we have a good time together! We may just have to give it a try next year! I just wished I had a picture of my grandma and I after we finished, we were completely wet from head to toe, and my grandma was not happy that her hair looked the way it did!

No comments: